Visitors to this blog may notice that the domain is now foomandoonian.wordpress.com and not halfblog.net as they were expecting (and as advertised in the banner above).Quite simply, I don’t blog here that much any more, so when it came time to renew my WordPress.com Premium package, I decided to save the $99. For now at least. As I write this on the 21st of October my Premium subscription is still active, though technically it expired on the 20th.
This also means that my fancy custom CSS tweaks will disappear. I think WP.com are pretty good at handling redirects, so inbound links should be unaffected. In addition I’ve turned WordAds back on because (despite a gradual decline as my blogging slowed down) this site still gets a healthy amount of traffic to some key posts.
My plan — for those who care — is to eventually revamp my geoff.at blog and import the content from here into that. But that’s a big project and I don’t have the time or inclination right now. In addition, I’m more actively blogging at Rapid Notes. If I ever decide to pay for WordPress Premium again, I’ll probably put the money into that blog. It’s quite likely therefore that halfblog.net is dead, in name at least. It’s been a good run!
- Geo-writing: ‘A Boat called Calamity’
- Brighton Digital Festival
- USS Pioneer: These are the voyages of a LightWave starship model I released…
- Does Internet advertising work at all?
- LEGO timelapse: Building Curiosity
- SAEM S7: I found my ideal iPhone 5s case
- What I want from Netflix
- My pet monster, by Steven Kraan
- The internet’s plans for that thing you created
- wales dot tumblr dot com
- Flight test
- Zom-B-Girls: Back these zombie pin-up playing cards on Kickstarter
- The apps that Apple really does not want you to use
- Did someone just try a short URL switcheroo scam on me?
- Idea for a read-it-later browser extension
- Google has a terrible 404 page
- Why people online don’t read to the end
- First look at the new WordPress dashboard
- Sir, You Are Being Hunted: New gameplay footage