I think I may start a series of posts where I digest articles that may (or may not) have some good information in them. This particular article, ‘How to gracefully promote yourself online’ (CNN), sounds like it may have something insightful in it, but you’d be forgiven if you gave up after reading the first eight paragraphs of nothing much.
Allow me to summarise via the medium of bullet points:
- Test your PR campaign on family and friends first.
- Proofread it first though.
- Only reach out when you have something to say.
- Be upfront about how often you will send out email.
- Be ethical with contact information.
- Make newsletters ‘unboring’.
- Thank your customers/fans.